We are marching before the football game at 7:00 Friday, October 24.
Good Afternoon Band Parents and Students,
I hope that everyone is off to a good start to the week. This email is going to be fairly lengthy because I am giving you the information for three different events which include our UIL Marching Contest, Homecoming Parade and Homecoming game on Friday.
Here is the information for this week:
1. Tuesday, October 21, is our UIL Marching Contest at Woodforest Bank Stadium in The Woodlands. 19115 David Memorial Dr. Shenandoah, TX 77385 is the address. Even though this is a contest, it is open to the public. I encourage everyone to come see what your children have been able to accomplish this year through their hard work. If you choose to come watch I simply ask that you do just that. There will be a separate parking lot for spectators of the contest. Please don’t try to interact with the kids before or after the contest as this might keep them from doing their very best. Make sure the students bring their full uniform before school.
Here is the schedule:
10:45 Dismiss from class/Get in Uniform
11:00 Senior Uniform Inspection (no flip-folders)
11:15 Full Band Uniform Inspection (no flip-folders)
11:30 Run through Drill
11:50 Load Truck
12:20 Load Buses (Get sack lunch provided by school on the way to bus)
12:30 Depart HHS
1:30 Arrive at Woodforest Bank Stadium
2:00 Form Up
2:15 Warm up
2:45 Move to Gate
3:10 Get out of Uniform/Load Truck
3:45 Depart for HHS
4:30 Arrive at HHS Band Hall/Unload
4:31 Go home!!!
2. Thursday, October 23, is our Homecoming Parade in downtown Huntsville. The kids will be in full uniform for this performance so the kids will need to bring their uniform to school that morning.
Here is the schedule:
3:30 Dismiss from classes
4:00 Get into Uniform
4:10 Senior Uniform Inspection (no flip-folders)
4:20 Full Band Uniform Inspection (no flip-folders)
4:30 Take section pictures
5:20 Load Truck
5:50 Load Buses
6:00 Depart HHS
6:15 Arrive at Parade/Unload
6:45 Form up
7:00 Parade Begins
7:20 Parade Ends/Load Truck
7:45 Depart for HHS
8:00 Arrive at HHS Band Hall/Unload
8:01 Go Home!!!
3. Friday, October 24, is our Homecoming football game. Please notice in the schedule that we will be marching before the football game instead of at halftime. If you want to see the band march, you will need to be in the stands by 6:50 or so.
3:30 School Ends/Go to tutorials/Eat Dinner
*** If you did not purchase a meal through the band boosters bring a sack lunch to eat
4:15 Get in Uniform
4:30 Senior Uniform Inspection (with Flip-Folders)
4:45 Full Band Uniform Inspection (with Flip-Folders)
5:00 Run through Drill
5:15 Load Truck
5:45 Load Buses
6:00 Depart HHS
6:15 Arrive at Bowers Stadium/Unload
6:30 Form Up
6:45 Setup behind the North end zone
7:00 March the drill at Pregame
10:00 Approximate end of game
10:15 Load buses/truck
10:45 Depart for Band Hall
11:00 Arrive at HHS Band Hall/Unload/Go Home!!!
4. If your student uses a school owned instrument and you chose not to pay the $40 for the full year we will be accepting $25 payments for the fall semester only. That payment is due by Thursday, October 30th and after that it will be turned into the fees and fines list with the front office of the school. Please make checks payable to HHS Band and please include a TX driver license and phone number.
Keep your students eating good food and drinking plenty of water and sport drinks.
John F. Green
Director of Bands
Huntsville Hornet Military Marching Band
441 FM 2821 East
Huntsville, Texas 77320
This is a reminder about tomorrow night's Homecoming game.
1. We are marching before the football game at 7:00pm. So, if you want to see us march I would recommend getting there around 6:50pm.
2. I will allow mums to be worn by the band but they must be delivered to the students in the stands during the beginning of the 1st quarter. They will not be able to bring them into the stands from the buses because we march before the game. Once it is ok for them to be delivered I will give a signal.