Good Afternoon Band Parents and Students,
Several announcements and reminders:
1. Congratulations to all of those who did well at the All-Region auditions last Friday night. We had 4 receive a district patch, 12 students make the band and 5 are advancing to Area in January. These students will be recognized at the Christmas Concert next Tuesday.
2. The December trip payment of $300 was due today, Tuesday, December 6th. If you are paying by check, please make sure you make the check payable to HBBCI and include your phone # and driver’s license #. Have your student put the payment into the band booster lock box which is located in Mrs. Jennings’ office. If you are paying online, please go to the finances tab in your student’s Charms account and click on “make trip payment.” If you want your student to give the trip payment directly to a band booster instead of putting the money into the lock box there will be someone collecting money most days after school at 4pm. If you have any questions please email Julie Kuykendall at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The Christmas Parade is Saturday, December 17th beginning at 6:30pm. Everyone who is eligible is required to attend this event. Any student who failed a class on their 2nd 6 weeks report card and is NOT passing ALL of their classes on the Interim Progress Report will not be able to participate as they are ineligible.
The schedule is:
4:15pm Arrive at Band Hall
4:30pm Get into uniform
4:40pm Uniform inspection
4:45pm Parade Music Rehearsal
5:05pm Load Truck
5:30pm Load Buses
5:45pm Arrive/Unload Truck
6:00pm Form up
6:30pm Parade Begins
6:50pm Parade Ends
6:55pm Load Truck/Buses
7:15pm Depart for HHS
7:25pm Arrive at HHS Band Hall/Unload Truck
7:30pm Go Home!
4. Our Christmas Concert is next Tuesday, December 13th beginning at 6:30pm. All band students will attend this concert regardless of eligibility because it is a part of our class and not considered extracurricular. The students will be wearing their full uniform for this concert. If you are able, we ask that you bring an item for the food drive as admission to the concert. They are in need of canned goods, beans, and instant rice. All four concert bands will be performing along with the Percussion Ensemble. After the concert everyone is invited to The Commons for punch and cookies. The Swingin’ Stingers jazz band will be performing during that time and we encourage everyone to listen to their concert while you enjoy your refreshments.
Here is the schedule:
5:30 Arrive at Band Hall
5:45 Get into uniform
6:00 Concert Band line up in band hall
6:05 Concert Band go to auditorium
6:10 Wind Symphony, Wind Ensemble and Symphonic Band line up in band hall
6:20 Other 3 bands go to auditorium
6:30 Concert Begins
5. The Band Boosters need help getting enough cookies for the Christmas Concert. Here is the link that you can go to if you would like to help out:http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e4aaea82ea0f94-hmbchristmas1 Also, the Band Booster officers will be throwing candy in the Christmas Parade behind the band. If you would like to donate a bag of candy to help out with this you can drop it by the band office or send it up to us via your student. Any help with either of these will be greatly appreciated.
John F. Green
HISD Director of Bands
Huntsville Hornet Military Marching Band
441 FM 2821 East
Huntsville, Texas 77320
Booster information can always be found online at http://www. huntsvillemilitaryband.com/ boosters.html