Want to sign up for text messages and emails when there are important announcements? Go to https://www.remind101.com/join/hbbc
or download the instructions below
Good Afternoon Parents and Students,
First, congratulations to the Seniors, Class of 2014, on their upcoming graduation! Great job to you and your parents for many years of hard work and dedication to the Huntsville Hornet Military Marching Band. I wish you nothing but continued success as you go out into the world as high school graduates.
Next, I want to thank the entire band program for another great year! From marching season to concert season and everything else in between, everyone did an outstanding job.
We have just one week left and only one more performance. Then everyone will be able to enjoy a much needed and well deserved rest.
Here are some end of the year items that we need to take care of:
1) I have attached next year’s Summer Band Schedule and Full Year Schedule (this attachment will come as a second email). Please use these as you schedule appointments, vacations, etc. for this summer and next year.
2) All band lockers must be cleaned out during the final exam time. These must be clean to start next school year.
3) Band issued combination locks and Blue Band Books were turned in this past week. If your student lost either one of those items they will need to pay for a replacement. Books are $8 and locks are $10. These will be placed on the fees and fines list with the front office.
4) Several students have not yet turned in their uniform. These have been placed on the fees and fines list with the front office in the amount of $550. Please get this taken care of immediately.
5) Many people have taken care of their fees and fines that are owed for this school year and past school years. For those that have not, please take care of this as soon as possible. Any money owed us from this school year that has not been paid has already been placed on the fees and fines list with the front office. These will be removed once they are paid.
6) The graduation ceremony is our final performance for the 2013-2014 school year. It is very important for everyone to be there.
We will be wearing white on top and black on bottom. Ladies, please make sure your shoes are not high heels…you will hurt yourself climbing the hill to get into the coliseum…and no one will see your shoes during the performance anyway! Also, the rules for nail polish still apply to this performance. Ladies, you know what these rules are. Gentlemen, please make sure you have shaved so you look dignified and professional.
The schedule is:
7:00 Arrive at Band Hall
7:15 Load Truck
7:35 Load Buses
7:45 Depart HHS
8:00 Arrive at Johnson Coliseum/Unload
10:00 Graduation begins
11:45 Graduation ends/load truck/load buses
12:00 Depart Johnson Coliseum
12:15 Arrive at HHS/Unload
12:30 Finish closing down Band Hall
12:45 Go home for summer!!!
7) GRADUATING SENIORS ONLY…If you would like to continue to receive weekly emails next year, please send me an email telling me that. Otherwise, your email address will be removed.
I hope everyone has a blessed summer and that you all return ready for another successful year.
John F. Green
Director of Bands