Dear Parents and Students,
I realized after sending the weekly email that I did not include timing information of the Christmas Concert. Below you will find the schedule for before, during and after the concert.
5:30 Kids arrive
5:45 Get into uniform
6:00 Concert Band warms up on stage
(Other three bands gather in the band hall)
6:10 Doors open for audience to enter the auditorium
6:30 Concert Band performs
6:50 Symphonic Band performs
7:10 Wind Ensemble performs
7:30 Wind Symphony performs
8:00 End of Concert/Students Released First
8:15 Punch and Cookies in the Commons
(The Swingin’ Stingers Jazz Band will perform during this time)
Good Afternoon Band Parents and Students,
I hope that everyone is having a good week so far.
1. We hosted the Region 9 All-Region Band Auditions this past Friday night at Huntsville High School. I was very proud of how our kids worked the contest and equally proud of those who were placed in various bands. We had 23 students make the District Band, 16 in the Region Band and 6 will advance to the Area Auditions. Those making the District Band receive a patch for their efforts but it is not an actual performing band. Those making the All-Region Band will be participating in the clinic and concert this weekend at Klein Forest High School. More detailed information has been given to those students. The students advancing to Area will have the opportunity to audition this coming January for a chance to be in the All-State Band, which is a huge accomplishment.
2. This past Saturday was our Christmas Parade in downtown Huntsville. I thought the band did very well, especially considering this was the first time we have marched to something other than our marching contest music. The band performed a piece called Twas the Parade Before Christmas. I think that all involved really enjoyed it.
3. Tuesday, December 16th is our HMB Christmas Concert. All four concert ensembles and the jazz band will be performing. We will also have punch and cookies after the concert in the commons. Parents, if you can help with the punch and cookies, email Terri Hall at firstname.lastname@example.org Also, the admission to the concert is one canned good item per person. All canned goods collected will be donated to the Good Shepherd Mission before the Christmas break to help those in need.
4. We are finishing up our first round of presales for our HMB Calendar this week. If your student is going on the trip they may sell up to 10 calendars and if they are not going on the trip they may sell up to 5 calendars. The presale order forms are due no later than Thursday, December 11th, which is tomorrow. Your student will be given their sold calendars at the Christmas Concert on Tuesday, December 16th. They will then deliver them, collect the money and return it to the Booster Club to be credited to their ledger. If you already have collected the money for the calendars please turn that money into the Boosters at the Christmas Concert and get your calendars. Here is the best part of this fundraiser! We are selling the calendars for $20 each, and the kids get 100% of that money toward their ledger!!! The cost of the calendar is being covered by ad sales to local businesses that you will see in the calendar, and is being supplemented by the Band Booster Club. So, if your student sells 10 calendars they have the opportunity to raise $200!
5. If your student is going on the band trip, please make sure you are staying current on the payments. The last payment was due last week in the amount of $290. $440 needs to have been paid/fundraised at this point in order for them to be current. Emailed statements from the Boosters went out over the weekend and paper ones were handed out to your student on Tuesday. If you have questions about your statements please email Dawn Tolbert at email@example.com I am also attaching a tutorial on how to login to your student’s account through Charms so you can see the most up to date information.
6. Our HMB Card fundraiser is finished. Please turn in all money AND unsold cards now. The money and cards can be turned into the Band Booster drop box which is in Mrs. Rathke’s office. The kids know where that is. Please understand that if you do not turn in unsold HMB Cards your student will be charged for them. We have to either have the money or the cards. If you have questions contact Shelly Nettuno at firstname.lastname@example.org
The kids are working on Christmas music for our Christmas concert that will be fun and entertaining for you. I am looking forward to getting into our UIL Concert and Sight-Reading music which will be forthcoming after the Christmas Concert.
John F. Green
Director of Bands
Huntsville Hornet Military Marching Band
441 FM 2821 East
Huntsville, Texas 77320