Good Morning Band Parents and Students,
I hope everyone is having a good week so far.
Here are just a few reminders for this week.
1. Congratulations to Taylor Carroll, Matthew Collier, Ross Cowart, Tristan Grimes, Cecile Pavelka and Kwenton Williams who auditioned for the All-State Band this past weekend. Even though we did not have anyone advance, I am still very proud of the hard work that they put in to reach the Area level. Everyone, encourage your own student to reach this level of performance.
2. We are in our second round of sales for our HMB Calendar this week. If your student is going on the trip they may sell up to 15 calendars, and if they are not going on the trip, they may sell up to 5 calendars. There will be a Band Booster here after school every Tuesday to take up calendar money and orders. Once the money is turned in, they will issue the calendars to be distributed. Please note that any student who has not turned in money owed to the Boosters for the first round of sales will not be given any more calendars. Please get that money turned in ASAP.
3. If your student is going on the band trip, please make sure you are staying current on the payments. A total of $730 needs to have been paid/fundraised at this point in order for them to be current. If you have questions about your student’s ledger, please email Dawn Tolbert at firstname.lastname@example.org Please understand that as you all are making payments, the Band Boosters are also making payments to the trip company. If you all don’t stay current, we cannot stay current. If there are issues with making your payments on time, please let me know the situation.
4. As you all make trip payments, please logon to your Charms account regularly to make sure the payment gets posted. If you pay by check or cash, give it a few days to post. If you pay using Paypal through the website, check to make sure the payment posted directly after making the payment. Realize that you must make the payment on the Paypal screen in a timely manner before the Charms screen times out. If this occurs before you make the payment, it will not show up on your Charms account. If this happens or you have any other issues with payment postings, email Dawn Tolbert at email@example.com I am attaching the tutorial again on how to login to Charms and check your account.
5. Private lessons started again this week. Please make sure your students are attending these lessons. This helps them with their concert music, their solos and just helps them to become a better player in general. If a student must miss a lesson, please contact the lesson teacher as soon as possible and let them know so that they can plan accordingly. If there are any issues or questions about private lessons, please contact Mr. Yarber at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Sectionals began this week. These are mandatory and count as a major grade. Please stress to your child how important attending these rehearsals are to them and to the band program as a whole. We are only asking for 45 minutes once per week at this point. If you want to know when your student has sectionals, the schedule can be found on the HMB Spring schedule that was passed out at the Christmas concert. If they have lost this there are more available in the box outside my office door.
7. Every band has received UIL Concert Contest music. They also received a schedule outlining what music they are responsible for learning. Please help them keep up with what they are responsible for learning. This is not only important to their success but their entire band class as a whole. They will be receiving play off grades each week as per the schedule. These are major grades.
I hope everyone has a good ending to their week and enjoys MLK Day Monday.
John F. Green
Director of Bands
Huntsville Hornet Military Marching Band
441 FM 2821 East
Huntsville, Texas 77320