Hurry up and get your order in.
Good Afternoon Band Parents and Students,
I hope that everyone had a great weekend. We had a good run of our drill on Friday night. There is much to fix and clean over the next few weeks but Friday night was a step in the right direction.
Many things for this week. Please look at the entire email and attachment.
1. We will be continuing play offs for a grade this week and next. They must practice on their own if they want to earn good grades for their play offs. Please encourage them to practice on their own. You would be surprised at how much improvement they can make with just a few minutes a day of good practice. Private lessons are also another opportunity for them to get help on their music.
2. Instrument/Uniform Agreement forms were due last Thursday after practice. Those that did not get them in had to sit time during 3rd quarter break. Please help your student get those turned in this week so that they don’t have to sit this coming Friday night.
3. Friday, September 30, we will have our next pep rally. The students need to ARRIVE AT SCHOOL in their HMB polo, tucked into blue jeans, with a belt and tennis shoes.
4. I am attaching Spring Band Trip information to this email. Your students are also receiving a hard copy at marching rehearsal. Please look this over and get the trip form turned back into us by Monday, October 20th.
5. Tomorrow is the end of the 1st 6 weeks. Please make sure that your student has everything turned in and has done everything he/she can to make sure they are passing every class. They must be passing EVERY class to remain eligible for the rest of marching season.
6. Friday, September 30, we have our next home game against Willis. This is also the 8th grade band night. The 8th graders will be marching into the stands with us and playing in the stands throughout the night. This is one of the many ways that we can recruit for the future of our program. We want to have a good time and make them feel welcome.
Our schedule will be:
3:25 Eat Dinner/Go to Tutorials
*** If you did not purchase a meal through the band boosters bring a sack lunch with you to school.
4:05 Get in Uniform
4:25 Senior Uniform Inspection (with Flip-Folders)
4:40 Full Band Uniform Inspection (with Flip-Folders)
5:00 Run through Drill
5:20 Load Truck
5:50 Load Buses
6:00 Depart HHS
6:10 Arrive at Bowers Stadium
6:30 Form Up
6:55 March into Stadium
7:00 Seated in Stadium
10:30 Approximate end of game
10:40 Load buses/truck
11:00 Arrive at HHS Band Hall/Unload/Go Home!!!
7. This Saturday, October 1, is our Pre-UIL marching contest at the Buccaneer Marching Festival in Brenham. EVERYONE is to attend this contest. At this point, everyone is eligible and must go with us. This is a major grade just like any of our other events. If you need to pick up your student for any reason after the competition, please provide us with an emailed or hand written signed note telling us who will pick up your child. We must receive the note or email by 3:30pm on Friday, September 30.
Our schedule will be:
9:15am- Arrive at band hall
9:25am- Get into uniform
9:40am- Senior uniform inspection without flip folder
9:50am- Full band inspection without flip folder
10:00am- Run through drill
10:20am- Load Truck
10:45am- Load buses/get sack lunch
10:55am- Depart HHS for Brenham
12:45pm- Arrive/Unload/Go to restroom
1:15pm- Form up
1:30pm- Go to Warmup
2:30pm- Load truck/go to restroom
2:45pm- Depart for HHS
4:45pm- Arrive at HHS/Go home!
John F. Green
HISD Director of Bands
Huntsville Hornet Military Marching Band
441 FM 2821 East
Huntsville, Texas 77320
This email has been sent via Charms Office Assistant on behalf of:Huntsville HS Band
441 FM 2821 East
Huntsville, TX 77320
Booster information can always be found online at http://www. huntsvillemilitaryband.com/ boosters.html