Good Afternoon Band Parents and Students,
Here are this week’s reminders for upcoming events:
1. We began our evaluations for next year’s 10th-12th graders yesterday with the clarinets and bass clarinets. Today will be trumpet, horn, baritone and tuba. Because of the bad weather day on Monday, those evaluations are being moved to next Monday, May 4th, which was supposed to be our marching rehearsal for next year’s senior class. (More about that change later) That will be for flutes, saxophones and trombones. Remember, these are not to see if the kids can be in band but, rather to see which band class they need to be placed into for their and the band’s overall success.
2. Because of the bad weather day and having to move evaluations, we will not be able to have our marching rehearsal on Monday, May 4th as planned. Instead of the schedule that was sent out last week, we will be doing the following: Tuesday, May 5th will be a marching rehearsal for the seniors (class of 2016) only. The full band will not be having a rehearsal.
3. Wednesday, May 6th from 3:45-4:30 we will be having a mandatory Disney Trip Marching Rehearsal to prepare for our parade at Walt Disney World. Everyone going on the trip must be in attendance for this marching rehearsal.
4. The trip to Orlando, Florida will be Tuesday through Saturday, May 12th-16th. Please be reviewing the materials that were given out at the trip meeting so that everyone remembers the guidelines for packing and such.
5. The deadline for turning in dry cleaning receipts has passed. If your student has not turned one in please get that done ASAP.
6. As a reminder, here are the summer band dates so that everyone can begin making their summer plans with it in mind.
Leadership Camp- July 15-17 (Ducks, Drum Majors, a few support staff)
Freshmen Summer Band- July 30-31 & August 3 (All Freshmen, Ducks, Drum Majors, some support staff)
Freshmen and Sophomores- August 4 (All Freshmen, Sophomores, Ducks, Drum Majors, some support staff)
Full Band- August 5-21 (Friday Aug. 14 will be a day off) (Everyone attends)
John F. Green
Director of Bands
Huntsville Hornet Military Marching Band
441 FM 2821 East
Huntsville, Texas 77320