Good Afternoon Parents and Students,
First, congratulations to the Seniors, Class of 2016, on their upcoming graduation! Great job to you and your parents for many years of hard work and dedication to the Huntsville Hornet Military Marching Band. I can’t wait to hear about all of the great things you will do once you graduate!
Next, I want to thank the entire band program for another great year! Parents and students, thank you for making it a success. We accomplished some amazing things this year and I can’t wait to build off of that success next year.
After we finish this week we will only have one week of school left. Let’s finish strong and then we will all be able to relax for the summer.
Here are some end of the year items that we need to take care of:
1) Everyone has already received the summer band schedule and next year’s full calendar. Please use these as you schedule appointments, vacations, etc. for this summer and for next year. Remember, marching spots are based largely on attendance.
2) All band lockers must be cleaned out during the final exam time. These must be clean to start next school year. Anything left in a locker after next Thursday will be thrown out so make sure you take home anything that you don’t want to lose.
3) Band-issued combination locks and Blue Band Books are being turned in this week and next week. If your student lost either one of those items they will need to pay for a replacement. Books are $8 and locks are $10. These will be placed on the fees and fines list with the front office if not paid by graduation.
4) We collected some uniforms today during lunch but many people have not turned them in. The uniform crew will be taking them tomorrow during lunch and they may be turned in during finals next week. Please make sure that a dry cleaning receipt is turned in with the uniform so that we know it was cleaned. If one is not turned in we will clean it over the summer and put a $10 fee on the fees and fines list for next year. The absolute latest that they may be turned in is graduation, Saturday, June 4th. After that, anyone who has not turned theirs in will be put on fees and fines for $550 which is the cost of the uniform.
5) Many people have taken care of their fees and fines that are owed for this school year and past school years. For those that have not, please take care of this as soon as possible. Any money owed us from this school year that has not been paid will be placed on the fees and fines list with the front office. These will be removed once they are paid. These fees may include instrument usage fees, etc. Any money owed to the school may be paid to Mr. Holland.
6) Any money not paid to the band boosters for this school year will still be on your student’s account next year, so if you owe for fundraising money or the $100 band fee please get that paid before the end of the year so that your student does not start the year in the hole. Next year is a trip year and I want as many students as possible to have the opportunity to go. Any money needing to go to the boosters may be put in an envelope and put into the booster box inside the band office.
7) The graduation ceremony is our final performance for the 2015-2016 school year. It is very important for everyone to be there. It is this Saturday, June 4th.
We will be wearing white on top and black on bottom. Ladies may wear a black dress but it must be school appropriate. Ladies, please make sure your shoes are not high heels…you will hurt yourself climbing the hill to get into the coliseum…and no one will see your shoes during the performance anyway! Also, the rules for nail polish still apply to this performance. Ladies, you know what these rules are. Gentlemen, please make sure you have shaved so you look dignified and professional.
The schedule is:
7:00 Arrive at Band Hall
7:15 Load Truck
7:35 Load Buses
7:45 Depart HHS
8:00 Arrive at Johnson Coliseum/Unload
10:00 Graduation begins
11:45 Graduation ends/load truck/load buses
12:00 Depart Johnson Coliseum
12:15 Arrive at HHS/Unload
12:30 Finish closing down Band Hall
12:45 Go home for summer!!!
8) GRADUATING SENIORS ONLY…If you would like to continue to receive weekly emails next year, please send me an email telling me that. Otherwise, your email address will be removed.
John F. Green
HISD Director of Bands
Huntsville Hornet Military Marching Band
441 FM 2821 East
Huntsville, Texas 77320