Good Afternoon Parents and Students,
I have a number of announcements and reminders for you in this email so please be patient and take your time to look through all of the items. Some information will be from me and some will be from our Band Booster Club regarding the Band Store Night that is coming up on this Thursday.
1. Tomorrow, Wednesday, August 17th we will be having our next full band rehearsal from 6-8pm.
2. Thursday, August 18th we will be having full band rehearsal from 1-5pm. If you need to drop your student off a little bit earlier during your lunch break that is ok, but rehearsal will not begin until 1:00pm. The students need to wear marching clothes to practice but they need to bring blue jeans, their green collared HMB band shirt and a belt to change into for the Band Preview. (If they do not have their green collared HMB shirt yet they will get it during rehearsal on Thursday.) We will be providing your students with pizza at 5pm. At 5:45pm, we will be doing our 2016 Band Preview on the band practice field. Please bring your lawn chair and come see what your child has been learning during Summer Band. They will be showing you some of the fundamentals that they learned, along with a little bit of playing and marching. You will be able to watch from the covered sidewalk by the parking lot or from the sidewalk by the band hall. After the Band Preview, we will be having our Band Store in the band hall beginning at 6:15pm. There will be more information from our Boosters about this later in this email.
3. Friday, August 19th is our performance for the HISD convocation and our full band picture. The picture will be taken in their full band uniform. They will get their full uniform on Friday before the picture. Only the seniors and section leaders will be going to perform for the district convocation but everyone will be coming to the band hall Friday morning to take the full band picture. Please see the schedule below:
· 7:00am- Seniors and sections leaders arrive to get ready for the District Performance
· 7:30am- Everyone else arrives for uniform preparation for the full band photo
· 8:00am- Seniors and section leaders perform for District Performance/Everyone else prepares uniforms for the full band photo
· 9:00-11:00am- Full Band Photo
· 11:00am- Students get picked up by parents
4. The information below is from the Band Booster Club regarding the band store on Thursday night. If you have questions about the info below please email Rachel Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your HMB booster officers are so very excited to see all of the awesome things our band children are going to accomplish this year. Summer band has been very successful and we are proud of all the hard work they have put in so far. This Thursday, August 18 you will get to see some of this hard work during the band preview. After the performance we will be having the annual band store night. This is when you will either pick up the items you have ordered or you will have the opportunity to order and pay for them this evening.
This year we are doing things differently, there will be NO paper order forms for you to fill out for band store. The only students who received order forms were the freshmen as they have to purchase the polo, pride, shorts, and marching shoes. Upper classman do not typically need to get these items as long as they have taken care of the ones they purchased as a freshman or they haven't out grown those items.
Instead of the paper forms, this year all ordering will be handled by going online to the band store and you making your selections there. You have the option of ordering and paying for your purchases online OR you may make your selections/purchases online and then use the "Print and Pay" option. This means, save your order and print it out. Then you simply send this print out along with your payment to the band hall with your child. Remind them that they are to give this order and money to a band booster who will be in the conference room as soon as they get to school. We have had a few upset parents with their children already for not turning in orders and money, leaving it in their locker. Students should never leave money in a locker, they should always turn it into a booster or put it in the envelopes and secure drop box we have provided in Mrs. Jennings’ office. Please stress to your children to do this and yes, we write receipts for all monies received and give this to your child for your records.
Those of you who complete the online orders and then pay online OR print out the order and send in payment before 10am on Thursday August 18, 2016 your orders will be available for pick up that night. You will not have to stand in line for anything except to sign up to chaperone, work concessions, or participate in the fundraiser. You will be able to go straight to pick up and get your items.
If you cannot do the order online on your own, we will have chrome books setup so that you can do your order the night of the band store and then pay. However, your items will NOT be given to you that evening. They will be pulled and sent home to you the following week with your child.
If your child has a negative account balance due to them not returning, lets say the band cards from last year, you will not be able to purchase items until this balance has been taken care of and cleared. So please take care of your child's account before this evening.
To access our online store you will need to follow this link http://www. huntsvillemilitaryband.com/ online-store.html and follow the tutorial directions. You will need your child's student ID number, so it may be best if you do this together when they get home from practice. If you feel like you can't "figure the technology out", then let your child help you. I promise they will figure it out and help you. We check the cart to make sure they didn't add something to it that you didn't approve.
Items of priority that you need to order from the band store:
1- REQUIRED = $100.00 band fee that is required of all HMB band members.
2- HIGHLY ENCOURAGED = Food for games. We have multiple options for you to select from. You can only select one. For example, my own daughter will be getting the Canes 4 piece for all 10 games, home and away. Simply because I just don't have time to run and make sure she has food to eat before they leave Friday for the games. She can't get Cane's for home games and then Sonic for the away, we can't do that. However, we offer many choices of vendors for you and your child to pick from and you can elect to just get the meals for away games or both home and away games.
NOTE: You do not have to purchase meals through the boosters but you need to make sure your child has a meal prepared of some sort before they leave for games. 3rd quarter "off" is a privilege they have to earn, so you can't rely on them always being able to go get something from the snack bar to eat then.
3- REQUIRED if you chaperone = If you will be chaperoning you must have an approved HMB booster shirt, they clearly say HMB booster. It doesn't matter if it's a t-shirt or polo, but it must be an approved HMB shirt purchased through our online store. (you may not wear the student HMB polo or HMB pride shirt, these are for the students only)
4- Optional= HMB stickers with your child's information are available for purchase (exact date that we will stop accepting orders TBA so look for that email)
5- Optional=Yard signs with your child’s information are available for purchase (exact date that we will stop accepting orders TBA so look for that email)
6- Optional=Family shirts, bags, hoodies, sweet shirts, track jackets, etc.... All of the "fun extras" that the students like to get are also in the online store and are available for purchase all year long, so long as we have them in stock.
***Optional HMB gear cannot be purchased until all required items are bought and paid for.
If you have any questions about the band store night orders please see our Chairman of Merchandise Mrs. Renee Flores.
If you have any questions about payments and/or your child's account please see our Treasurer Mrs. Julie Kuykendall or President Ms. Rachel Baxter.
Booster information can always be found online at http://www. huntsvillemilitaryband.com/ boosters.html